I am studying for the AWS Certified Developer – Associate certificate, and I don’t have all the time in the world to study. Needing more bang for my studying buck, I searched for study tips based on Cognitive Science and Psychology. These tips are new – at least, new to me. And they are powerful. Here they are:
- Put a positive frame on your notes.
- Read your notes out loud.
- Speaking of reading your notes out loud – try to engage all five senses when studying. (Sometimes you can’t engage every sense. For example, I’m not going to go out and taste an AWS server. But I can engage my sense of sight and sound when studying.)
- Have you ever read something, written it down word for word, and promptly forgotten it? A great way to prevent this is to read, rephrase, then write. Rephrasing forces your brain to pay attention.
- Change Up Your Study Spaces for Better Recall